Let's journey back to last summer - every week a wedding or bridal or baby shower. Between my friends (and clients), there was barely a free weekend. My favorite of all the showers to plan was that of my friend - Posh. She asked me to create a dessert table worthy of her "touch of mint" themed bridal shower.
The menu was surprisingly hard to put together. There were so many recipe ideas and I had a difficult time narrowing it down. Several weeks of planning and multiple idea boards scrapped , I ended up with a menu perfect for the occasion. This cookie butter recipe was at the top of the list.
The idea for these brownies was inspired by this almond butter brownie from the show Tia Mowry at Home. She made brownies with almond butter and prunes. There were a few other items in there, I did not quite care for, so I substituted for some of my favorite ingreidients. Here is my version of her recipe (but with cookie butter and a few other of my favorites).
Slightly adapted from this almond butter brownie recipe
WHAT YOU NEED.
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cookie butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/3 cup of sour cream
- 1/3 cup of condensed milk
- 4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips - sweet or semi sweet
- Preheat the over to 325 degrees G
- Grease a oven safe pan with butter (cut parchment paper to hang ove two sides of the pan)
- In a mixing bowl, mix butter and cookie butter with a spatula. In a small bowl, beat the eggs into the butter mixture
- Mix the sugar, vanilla, condensed milk and sour cream into the butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and cocoa powder.
- Then gently stir the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Mix until wet and dry ingredients are full combined (do not over mix)
- Gently fold chocolate chips into the batter, pour batter into the prepared oven safe pan and set aside for three to five minutes.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (or until toothpick inserted comes out clean)
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cook before serving.