I am still on a high from my return to the Kitchen (and food blogging). It has been too long and I have missed sharing my recipes. I got a revised role at work at the start of the year and that has kept me very busy, but with very limited kitchen time. Dinners have been a combination frozen dinner, take out leftovers and three minute ramen (reminds me of my college days).
My favorite part of this recipe - I got all my favorite breakfast items , but at dinner time. Nothing beat breakfast for dinner and this recipe delivers. This is easy to prepare (under 30 minutes) and it has everything I love. Roasted veggies, anyone ?
This recipe calls for smearing cream cheese. Please smear away - DO NOT hold back. Stick with plain cream cheese because you already have a ton of flavor from the bacon and scrambled egg with veggies and flavored cream cheese may throw that off balance. If you must use flavored cream cheese, I recommend the jalapeño cream cheese. Now, talk about a burst of flavor.
WHAT YOU NEED.
- 3 strips of bacon
- handfull (1/2 cup) spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove shallot, chopped
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Bagel , toasted
- cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In an oven safe pan, toss onions, shallot, tomato with a drizzle of olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Place in oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Line bacon on baking tray and place in oven to crisp. leave in for 5 to 8 minutes depending on how crispy you want it. .
- Whisk egg, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl. Heat one tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium skillet.
- When butter is melted, stir in spinach till it is welted (about 3 minutes), then add roasted vegetable and cook for 2 minute. Stir in the egg into the mixture and keep stirring until you have desired consistency.
- Place toasted bagel on clean surface and smear both sides with cream cheese.
- Cut bacon strips in half, layer half the strips on one side of the smeared bagel, pile on the scrambled spinach and roasted vegetable egg on the bacon.
- Place the other side of the bagel over the bacon and enjoy.
Recipe Tip: Let me let you in on a secret. If you want to add big flavor with minimal effort - try roasting your vegetables with drizzle of olive oil and seasoning of choice. Toss it in with your pasta , sauce or scrambled egg like I have done here and major flavor to your meal.