When it comes to my favorite foods – I have a tendency to get stuck in a roth in the way I prepare it. With avocados, it’s always guacamole and when I want to get fancy – maybe I toss it in a salad or blend in a smoothie. I have been trying to switch things up - here is an avocado recipe that I am enjoying at the moment.
Before I get to the recipe - here are some posts, videos and such that had me clicking away this week.
- this smoked gruyere butternut squash soup with spicy chick pea is on the weekend menu.
- chicken and waffle cake - what the what ?
- stay tuned for a pizza overload thanks to the ultimate guide to homemade pizza
- this grape crepes with brie and bacon has me thinking it's time to make some crepes
- this guide on how to preserve jams is going to come in handy for this weekend's jam making session
- I can spend hours drooling over the pictures on this site
What you need:
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (basil, cilantro, parsley)
- juice from half a lime
- pinch of cumin
- pinch of salt and pepper.
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process till you have a creamy consistency.
Serve with celery stick or carrot. You can also spread it over toast.