This time about three weeks ago, I was on a fifteen hour flight from Dubai to Dallas (I know - ouch), so for most of that week, I was in a daze from the jet lag and cooking was not something I was bothered to do. Besides, my refrigerator and pantry was bare boned and nothing appealed to me from my stack of take out menu.
All I had at home was some lettuce and some canned foods. What's a girl to do with that ? Throw together a very colorful and delicious salad. Before I get to the recipe for this colorful salad - here are some videos, posts and such that had me clicking away this week.
- Well, hello Challah. I need to make this Brown Sugar Challah like yesterday.
- Today's recipe is so colorful and it reminded me of this gummy bear sangria that I want to try very soon.
- During my vacation, I stopped by Laduree for croissants and tea. I have been itching to make some croissants since I got back - I think this is the recipe to use.
- This 140 calories oatmeal muffin seems like something I might enjoy.
- Baked Currant Doughnut - yes, please.
Now about that recipe -
What you need
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 3/4 cup bean (I used black and pinto)
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon lemon jucie
- 1 tablespoon of oilive oil
- salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss together. Serve on a bed of lettuce and viola, dinner is served.